The first baseball teams in Shawnee were organized in the 1880s. The “AOUW” on their shirts stood for the Ancient Order of United Workmen, a fraternal society formed in 1868. It was the first such society to provide insurance to families of deceased members. The photo was donated by Charles S. Kiser who is the son of Mr. Harvey Kiser, a member of the team.
This photo can be found at http://www.jocohistory.org/cdm/ref/collection/jcm/id/49